Skip to main content

It's not a kangaroo!

Okay, let's start with some prettiness.  Growing on the allotment are these pink Californian poppies.  
Calendula, lots of 'em.   I intend to gather up handfuls of petals and make some calendula oil.  Have been googling how to do it.  
This photo doesn't quite capture the intensity of colour with these Catananche.  Grow them if you can, they're lovely.  

After trundling along to the allotment, taking pictures of flowers and picking raspberries - mmmm! fresh raspberries, delicious- I came home and made a little fabric fox.  

As with the leopard's head I made, I was influenced by the work of Instagrammer ievate.  It was only after I'd finished that I realised my fox has the look of a shocked kangaroo ... Doesn't matter, I like him anyway.

He's hanging around with the leopard, the bee, a felt picture of a winter's scene and a crumpled postcard of Edith Sitwell.  
Honestly, I wonder at my sanity sometimes!  But crafting is fun.  It's playtime for grown ups and if more people crafted, the world would be less of a scary batsh!t crazy place, wouldn't it?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a blog break ...

Hello!  And goodbye, at least for now.  The blog's on hold for a little while as I'm easing myself into 2026 gradually.  I'm still stitching and reading and enjoying life with Badger the cat.  Even though he treats my sofa like a giant scratching post!     

Badger!

  Here's Badger, looking like the little cutie-pie he is.  He's settled in so well, is absurdly affectionate and eats anything and everything I put in his food bowl.  The only fault I can find is that he likes to sharpen his claws on the side of my sofa.  This is despite having two scratching posts, one of which is part of a cat tower that's taller than I am!  I may have to try trimming his claws, but I don't know how Badger will react to that.  Anyway, expect to see more photos of him, so sorry in advance for any of you who aren't feline fans.    Apart from gazing in admiration at the cat I've continued to experiment with embroidery.  I really can't decide whether this mainly pink piece of stitching is something I like or just a dog's dinner of a mess.   This is another embroidery I've been stitching.  Frankly, at the moment it looks like it should be lobbed straight into the bin.  I'd painted with a mix of watercolour pa...

Final post for 2025 (I think. I mean, unless anything amazingly wonderful happens that I can't keep to myself any longer ...)

  The days are marching by at record speed, and I've finally - possibly - bought all the presents I need to buy and written all the Christmas cards I need to send.   I decided not to put up a full-sized tree this year as I'm convinced Badger the cat would simply view it as a climbing frame, and I'd find it toppled on a daily basis.  Instead, there's a small green tree, and a simple white twiggy one that has lots of vintage baubles dangling from it.  To be honest, I prefer the twiggy one, so the green tree might be permanently retired from now on.  I've not gone crazy with the decorations, but there are various strings of fairy lights that look so pretty when they're lit.   I have - between internet shopping and baking mince pies - made a little fishy pin cushion, decorated with seed stitches, French knots, chain stitch and stem stitch.  I'm on the look-out for grey tweedy material to make another fish as I think that'd look better than plain ...